- March 20: Angel Ackerman, Gayle Hendricks and Nancy Scott will be speaking to the Apex Writers Group in a private session, organized by Not an Able-Bodied White Man contributor Tammy Burke.
- March 23-25: Greater Lehigh Valley Writers Group Write Stuff annual conference. Joan Zachary will be on hand as the official photographer. Larry Sceurman will be attending with hopes of learning more about audiobooks and to promote his current and upcoming fiction (The Death of Big Butch, Coffee in the Morning). Independent book store Book and Puppet Company will be handling the conference book fair, and several Parisian Phoenix titles will be on hand. One of our favorite local podcasts, Lehigh Valley will Love, featured Greater Lehigh Valley Writers Group board members Chris Ochs and Charlie Kiernan. Click here to listen.
- March 24-26: Lehigh Valley Book Festival sponsored by independent book store Let’s Play Books at the Bethlehem Public Library.
- March 30: Parisian Phoenix poet Darrell Parry will be hosting the Jean Corrie Ice Cream Social and Poetry Reading at Lafayette College, Farinon Center, Marlo Room, 4 p.m. Information on last year’s event can found here.
- April 22: Parisian Phoenix poet Darrell Parry will read at Parkland Community Library, 1 p.m.
- April 29: National Independent Book Store Day
- April 28-30: Arts Community of Easton hosts a reception for its annual Small Works Show at the Sigal Musuem, followed by the annual arts tour, Saturday and Sunday. Artist Maryann Riker, whose works grace the cover of Twists and The Phulasso Devotional and the interior of Not an Able-Bodied White Man, is a member of ACE.
- TBD, Maryann Riker has invited Joan Zachary’s citizens of Plastiqueville to appear in “Let’s Play” an upcoming art exhibit involving toys at Connexions Gallery. Is this the first step toward a chronicle of life in Plastiqueville in the form of a full color photo book?
Published by Angel Ackerman
Writer, Editor, Traveler, Fashionista, Francophile, Student and Mother
Publisher at Parisian Phoenix (parisianphoenix.com)
Author of the Fashion and Fiends series
View more posts