As publisher of Parisian Phoenix Publishing, I have curated some playlists of podcasts on Spotify. I encourage anyone with questions about certain aspects of writing and publishing to check out my profile and see if any of the topics appeal to you.
Some of my past discussions on this topic include Spotify Playlists for Writers and Podcasts for Writers on Publishing and Marketing.
Some recent additions:
- The Rebel Author Podcast with Sacha Black: Sacha has good advice and a jovial attitude.
- Book Marketing Tips and Author Success Podcast: These can be presented in a rather dull way, but the content is usually succinct and useful.
- The Sell More Books Show: With the utmost respect, I’m not the fondest of the hosts, but I love their format. They gather tips and tricks from other sources and discuss them and end each episode with the five biggest stories in publishing for the week.
- Rage Against the Manuscript: I love the host’s wit and humor, but her sound quality is often lacking.
- The Creative Penn Podcast for Writers: I believe Joanna Penn is respected throughout the publishng industry and she puts together a good program.
ALL of these podcasts focus on self-publishing.
And I have a couple of side notes:
- Oh, Write! with us: If you saw last week’s post on ohwrite.co, as recommended by Rachael Herron (whose podcast turns up on those playlists I mentioned) and you want to try it out and use the Parisian Phoenix writing room, here is the link.
- New booklist on Bookshop.org: We recently added a “what we’re reading/what we want to read” list on Bookshop.org. It joins our existing lists of our books, our authors and our recommendations for craft books.